The Machinist performs the functions necessary to support our manufacturing operations. This includes machining, assembly, robotic device repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Manual machining parts to specifications, interpreting drawings, proper use of lathes, mills, surface grinders, drill press, hand tools and other machine shop related tools.
- Carry out maintenance related activities, assist in maintaining/repairing robotic devices, motors, winch assemblies, and other machines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, completing assigned tasks at company facility as well as at customer facilities and other work site environments
- Assist in assembly of new robotic devices, drive screws, electrical connectors, mechanical skids, gear assemblies, clutch assemblies
- Work with manufacturing/maintenance team to complete all assigned tasks within tight deadlines and with quality craftsmanship
- Perform all tasks in the safest possible manner and maintain good housekeeping practices.
- MUST have 2-3 years of Canadian experience working within a machine shop environment as apprentice Tool & Die Maker or Machinist
- MUST be able to work with and understand mechanical and electrical components.
- Secondary or Post-Secondary School Graduate; Minimum Grade 12
- Able to work extended shifts, including evenings or weekends
- Good communication skills and a team player